The Solar Keymark Network: An introduction & Essential Documents
The Solar Keymark Network is the operative framework around Solar Keymark. It consists of the Solar Keymark operators (certification bodies, test labs and inspectors) and industry representatives.
Tasks of the SKN
The tasks of the network are:
- to maintain and continuously improve the Solar Keymark scheme rules and procedures;
- harmonise practical procedures;
- exchange experience amongst operators;
- exchange information between industry and operators;
- arrange comparative testing “Round Robin” amongst test labs;
- inform about Solar Keymark;
- list certified products;
- list empowered and accredited operators
- The Solar Keymark operators themselves;
- The European Commission (ALTENER & IEE projects);
- The European Solar Thermal Industry federation, ESTIF – now Solar Heat Europe/ESTIF.
Financing the SKN
Until 2010 the network was financed by:
The activities of the Solar Keymark Network are now financed by “Solar Keymark Licence fees”. Though, the members of the SKN finance their own involvement in the Network.
Management of the Solar Keymark Network:
– Solar Keymark Chairman: Andreas Bohren
– Solar Keymark Manager: Vasiliki Drosou
– Solar Keymark Network Secretariat: Solar Heat Europe ESTIF
Important links to consult:
– Solar Keymark Networt Meetings – A referencement of when the SKN annual meetings will happen and where,
– Solar Keymark Network Internal Documents – Archives of all the important documents related to SKN (i.e. Solar Keymark Internal Regulation),
– Solar Keymark Scheme Rules – The overall rules for the Solar Keymark certification scheme which follows the general Keymark framework provided by CEN,
– Calculation tools – All the calculation tools to evaluate if your products could receive the Solar Keymark Certification.